Followers

Thursday 22 November 2012

Week Eight


 
 
Last week I began to layout my sculptures and record them by photographing it. The cardboard I am using is not visually strong enough so I am going to start creating the sculptures from stronger, more defined materials such as wood. Also the most effective sculptures were the series I attached to the wall so I will now begin to concentrate on developing my sculptures with this in mind. The reason they were effective was because I could more easily control how the viewer looked at the sculptures. I limited the area that the viewer could view the piece from and it is also a subconscious habit to look at a piece of art on a wall by facing directly towards it and not from either side. Next week I will take higher quality photographs of cardboard sculptures with and SLR and I will begin making more finer, precise sculptures in ceramics and wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment