Followers

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Week Twelve

 
This week I continued my exploration into colour. I glazed some of my ceramic pieces. I took a more painterly approach with these pieces blending the colours together rather than being precise. I used a colour palette of blues, purples and greens to give the sculptures a subtle visual appeal. This is in contrast with how I dealt with colour with my other sculptures. In the white boxes I used blocks of colour to define the space. The geometric shapes along with the primary and complimentary colours combine to make a more instantly striking visual impact. Above are also examples from my sketchbook where I was looking at designs and colours for the sculptures. Next week I will finish glazing my ceramics and I will also finish painting my other sculptures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment