Followers

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Typeography Week One

This week I started a new typography brief entitled “State of the Nation”. The premise of the brief is we are all give a letter of the alphabet and based on the letter we must come up with a word that reflects the state of the nation. The letter form must both portray the word as well as the words connection to the state of the nation. As seen from the images below the letter form I picked was “A”. I started my research with a mind map and I also went through a dictionary and picked out all the words starting with “A” that had associations with the state of the nation. The word I decided on was “Audit”. I then began looking at the structure of the letter-form “A” as well as typeface references. I then began to explore concepts and visual imagery associated with the word audit. I also gathered material associated with the word audit and began experimenting with those materials to make letter-forms.      



No comments:

Post a Comment