Followers

Sunday 6 January 2013

Week Fourteen



This week I finished the sculpture I was working on. I was looking at how colour can be used as part of an illusion. I combined the sculptures I have been making up till now to create this piece. The colour helps to create the illusion of a unified form rather than individual sculptures. The viewer’s eye now follows the blocks of colour rather than the individual pieces.However as seen from the photos above the sculpture can also be divided up and work as individual pieces. I think it is a very interesting idea to have a sculpture that can be rearranged and added to or minimised rather than having an unchanging form. The viewer’s eye now follows the blocks of colour rather than the individual pieces. I also made some prints this week. They are simply based on what the boxes would look like flattened out. I used a combination of the primary colours and complimentary colours to create these prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment