Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Week Thirteen


I continued my investigation of colour. I finished glazing my ceramic pieces and I continued to develop my other sculptures in relation to colour also. I painted my ceramic pieces in a more precise and designed manner than my other ceramic pieces. In these ceramic pieces I am creating the illusion of space through colour. No longer are the boxes within the structure defined by material but rather they are now defined by colour. In my other sculptures I was again using colour to create the illusion of a box. I used various combinations of the primary colours and their complimentary colours to create the illusion. I also used colour to highlight negative space. In the sculptures that I had cut areas out I filled those negative space with blocks of colour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment