Followers

Monday 15 October 2012

Week Four

 
 

Last week I continued my investigation into three dimensional works. Above is a selection of work from my sketchbook and of sculptures I have made. I began to explore the idea that how and where I place the sculptures effects how the viewer perceives them. The original set I made were placed on the ground with the base of sculptures on the floor however when I placed them on a wall I changed the plane on which the sculptures are positioned, the sculptures are no longer grounded by their base but rather by the edge of the box. I was also able to turn the sculptures upside-down because the sculptures no longer needed their base to stay upright. I also began to experiment with different materials. I used different types of plastics to create reflective and see-through pieces. Creating the sculptures in see-through material may be very interesting as I can then create the illusion that the viewer is looking at the sculpture in reverse or from behind. This week I plan to explore more materials such as ceramics and plaster and I also want to create a sculpture where the pieces are hanging in the air to again change the space the sculptures reside in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment