Followers

Friday 26 October 2012

Week Six



This week I have been exploring the use of mirrors as part of my sculptures. I created one half of the sculpture and allowed the reflection of the mirror to create the other half. Not only am I creating the illusion of space but I am also showing how the space we occupy dictates our perception of an object. In the sculpture the viewer can see two opposing views of the sculpture simultaneously. Above are some examples of observational drawings from my sketchbook that I drew in order to transfer my 3D pieces back into 2D as well as to get a better understanding of how the sculpture itself. I also began making a series of sculptures in clay. With these pieces I will begin to explore colour in relation to the sculptures and how colour may affect how the viewer perceives the piece.     

No comments:

Post a Comment